Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 7th

January 7th

It was a work day and I was more realistic about finding a quick meal that was actually do-able with our current primitive set up. Once again, I relied on leftovers, but it was satisfying.

We still had the incredibly hot black bean soup, but this time we were able to add a dollop of sour cream to help buffer it. There wasn’t enough leftover for an entire meal, plus I knew that we’d need something to buffer the heat. We had gotten a ham on sale recently and I decided on something incredibly easy: grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Comfort food of the highest order and a great fatty, rich foil to the heat of the black bean soup. Add a pint of bitter and it’s a satisfying meal that took 15 minutes to make.

New broiler element should be here in a day or two. I’m starting to wonder what I’ll do if there’s more wrong than just the broiler element…

No comments: